Tuesday 18 November 2014

#7 English Song





                                                                             "Win"

Dark is the night
I can weather the storm
Never say die
I've been down this road before
I'll never quit
I'll never lay down, mm
See I promised myself that I'd never let me down

[1] - I'll never give up
Never give in
Never let a ray of doubt slip in
And if I fall
I'll never fail
I'll just get up and try again

Never lose hope
Never lose faith
There's much too much at stake
Upon myself I must depend
I'm not looking for place or show
I'm gonna win

No stopping now
There's still a ways to go, oh
Someway, somehow
Whatever it takes, I know
I'll never quit, no no
I'll never go down, mm, mm
I'll make sure they remember my name
A hundred years from now

[Repeat 1]

When it's all said and done
My once in a lifetime will be back again
Now is the time
To take a stand
Here is my chance
That's why I'll...

[Repeat 1]

Mmm, I'm gonna win




I chose this song because the lyrics has a deep meaning. But first, I'll tell you about the singer itself. He's called Brian McKnight, an American singer-songwriter, arranger, producer, and R&B musician. He is a multi-instrumentalist who plays eight instruments including piano, guitar, bass guitar,  percussion, trombone, tuba, flugelhorn and trumpet. He is one of the very few leggero tenors in pop genre. McKnight is perhaps most recognized for his strong falsetto and belting range, and is widely regarded as one of the strongest talents in the adult urban contemporary R&B genre.

He has written a lot of songs and most of them have a great meaning. In this song, he encourage us to have faith in every problems we faced. Do not ever give up even if we are facing the biggest problems. There will be a way to go out from it. Although, we should fall once, but we have to get up and try again. Just never quit.

Whenever I listen to this song, I'm so inspired and so encourage to never give up on things that perhaps I'm struggling on. It is just like a reminder for me to do better, instead of quit. Whenever I felt that I can't pass the test in this university and I thought that I just want to go home, however I remember about this song which told me to keep faith and never give up. This song really has an influence to me.









1 comment:

  1. A good song, isn't it? Like your comments about " to do better instead of to quite." Just keep moving Santy, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete